We answer historical questions for individuals and institutions:
- For a novelist: What was Mrs. Lincoln’s Chicago neighborhood like?
- For a collectibles company: Did “Good King Wenceslaus” wear a crown?
- For a scholar: Can you get me copies from an unpublished manuscript about the French navy’s role in the Crimean War?
- For a developer: This old building was a theatre, but what kind?
Some other questions we’ve researched:
- Does my home have a connection to Ernest Hemingway?
- Did Great-Aunt Mona drive an ambulance in World War I?
- My grandfather was killed in 1917, can you get more information?
- Can you find more about the first woman to compete in the Mackinac Island yacht race?
- Where is my mother buried?
- Was my ancestor related to Ethan Allen?
- I want to interview a staffer from the New York office of Apple Records in the 1960s, is she still alive?
What’s your question? See Project Parameters for more information on commissioning work.